Based in Auckland, New Zealand
Press / Business contact:
46b Packspur Drive, Flat Bush
+64 21 262 4921
Adam Thompson is a solo game designer interested in exploring beauty, meaning, and fun.
Adam Thompson graduated with a Computer Science degree in 2011 from The University of Auckland. He has been working in games in Auckland since until 2014, when he founded his personal indie game development studio; Emotion Theory. Dabbling in different fields, participating in various game jams, and taking multiple contracts - Adam has been learning and exploring different aspects of game development, which has led him to his current commitment to these projects.After that
Currently making 2 different games with Unity 5: -PROJECT ASCENSION; a puzzle adventure game about transcendence and architecture. -SUPER SHIELD; an imaginative and beautiful dance of colours and sounds; an action arcade game that plays like a rotational pong. Teacher of game design and development with Unity3D at AUT.
Project Ascension teaser YouTube
Super Shield teaser YouTube
There are far more images available for Emotion Theory, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Achievement Unlocked: Became an indie." - Auckland New Zealand, 21 May 2014
- "It's like I'm playing the piano."
- iDubbbzTV, Beautiful Prison - Global Game Jam 2014
- "I think this developer had a really good sensitivity to the color scheme that's going on here. I would love to see more with that same vibe to it."
- RockLeeSmile, Indie Impressions - Beautiful Prison
- "This game feels like Super Hexagon and BIT.TRIP.BEAT got together and this is their lovely baby............ I support!"
- Steam comment, Super Shield Steam Greenlight
- "Looks like Monument Valley. I like it."
- Steam comment, Project Ascension Steam Greenlight Concept
Current game in development - a puzzle adventure about transcendence and architecture. http://project-ascension-game.com.
Devblog for Project Ascension http://projectascensiongame.tumblr.com.
Links to Curator, Greenlight and Game pages. steamcommunity.com.
The Silver Lining
A Tumblr blog about seeing the positives in games as a dev, and appreciating them as a player. https://thesilverlining.tumblr.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Founder, designer, developer, artist